Code of Conduct
SOMOLOCO has established Core Values and a Code of Conduct to help create safe,
respectful, welcoming spaces for our diverse and growing community. These values
and Code of Conduct guide our community in all we do and apply to all SOMOLOCO
activities. We share these values and Code of Conduct openly and encourage you to
review them in full as you consider and/or continue your participation in the SOMOLOCO
YOU WILL VIOLATE OUR CODE OF CONDUCT IF YOU:
Take specific actions that violate the law, such as …
1. Undertake, plan or advocate activity that is illegal or causes personal injury or property damage.
2. Post or distribute any material that infringes or violates any right of a third party or any law.
3. Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with them.
4. Cause another person to consume any drug, alcohol or other substance without their knowledge.
Take specific actions that create an unsafe, harassing or discriminatory environment for other participants and attendees of the Activities, such as …
1. Engage in any sexual contact without expressed affirmative consent (only “yes” means yes).
2. Defame, abuse, harass, harm or threaten others or make any discriminatory, bigoted, hateful, or racially or sexually offensive statements.
3. Engage in harassment, including but not limited to:
o Offensive, belittling or hurtful comments regarding age, race, ethnicity, ability, religion, national origin, physical appearance, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression.
o Intimidation, stalking or following.
o Harassing photography or recording or displays of sexual images in public
o Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
o Unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention.
o Threats of physical harm.
o Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Take specific actions (or fail to take actions) that impact your participation in the
Activities and the SOMOLOCO community, such as …
1. Deviate from planned group programming and itinerary.
2. Not follow proper Activity application/registration requirements or make false
3. Not follow any Activity requirements, procedures, policies, regulations or
4. Engage in the excessive use of alcohol or other mind/body altering
5. Allow any unauthorized person to gain access to our Activities.
6. Use information about our community members for any reason, except as a
part of our Activity.
7. Make false accusations or statements regarding violation(s) of this Code of
It is of utmost importance that everyone feels comfortable within our community
and when participating in our Activities. Anyone who experiences or witnesses
harmful acts or harassment against community members, participants or event
attendees should report the incident immediately. While we recognize that reporting
an incident may be upsetting, challenging or uncomfortable, we encourage you to
report it with the knowledge that you will not be asked to return to an environment
that you feel is unsafe and/or unwelcome and that we will not tolerate any form of
retaliation against anyone who in good faith reports or provides information about
behavior that may violate this Code of Conduct. We will endeavor to provide as much
confidentiality as possible given the circumstances.
During an immersion hosted by SOMOLOCO, you can report incident(s) with the following steps:
1. Message SOMOLOCO team on whatsapp and let them know you have experienced or witnessed harassment.
2. The SOMOLOCO team member will address the incident
immediately and appropriately. Another staff member may be asked to be
involved to ensure your report is managed properly. Should your report require
additional security, local law enforcement, local support services or other
services to ensure your safety and wellbeing, one or more of these services
will be provided, depending on the case.
3. If you do not feel that the incident is not being adequately addressed, you
should report the matter by email to [email protected]
At any time, you can report an incident by taking the following steps:
1. Email [email protected]
2. Please provide as much detail as possible, including who were the individuals
involved, when and where the incident occurred and any other additional
information that will help us understand and address the incident.
3. The Incident Intake Officer will respond to your submission, complete the
report with you and confirm all case information before any action is taken. In
cases of emergency, action will be taken immediately.
CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THIS CODE OF CONDUCT:
If we determine that thisCode of Conduct has been violated, we may:
1. Direct the offender to cease the behavior and warn that further violations will
result in sanctions;
2. Require the offender to avoid any interaction with and physical proximity to
3. Require the offender to immediately leave the Activity and not return (no
refund if a paid Activity);
4. Permanently or temporarily ban the offender from some or all of our Activities,
including our communication platforms; and/or
5. Remove the offender from our community.
SOMOLOCO staff will inform the offender of what action, if any, will be taken. As
appropriate, SOMOLOCO staff will also inform the reporting person (and other involved
persons, to the extent appropriate) of the resolution and record the outcome.
Violation of this Code of Conduct by any community member will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a
SOMOLOCO Community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the staff and/or
facilitators may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary
ban or permanent expulsion from the SOMOLOCO Community.
This Code of Conduct is a general guideline of our expectations of all persons
involved in our Activities. Nothing in this Code of Conduct prohibits us from
establishing additional rules or expectations or imposing other sanctions or
consequences as we feel appropriate under the circumstances. If you have any
questions about our Code of Conduct, please contact us at [email protected]